Since the very beginning, RPG maps have played a key role in tabletop gaming. Whether it be a hand drawn dungeon map or a full-color tactical battle grid, maps provide both inspiration and utility to your games.
Simply put, a GM can never have too many maps. So where can you get maps for your games?
1) You can purchase maps from commercial sources like:
2) You can make your own using software programs like:
3) You can find a treasure trove of maps online that you can download for your personal use for free!
Here are 8 of our favorite places to find great freebie maps for roleplaying games:
1. RPG Map Share – visit site
Barnard Blizzard by diabloazul
2. Cartographer’s Guild – visit site
Savesha’s Estate by Sirinkman
3. Wizards.com Map-a-Week Archive – visit site
Kobold Warren by Wizards of the Coast
4. Map-Making in Games on Google Plus – visit site
Map by Mathew Lowes
5. Dyson’s Dodecahedron – visit site
Brenton’s Watch by Dyson Logos
6. Pinterest – visit site
Map by Mike Schley
7. Deviant Art – visit site
Map by RonPepperMD
8. Fantastic Maps – visit site
Shipwrecked by Fantastic Maps